Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another Ooops!

I’ve been too busy to do much blogging, but I have managed to get my one-half a bed planted. I now have my herbs transplanted from their winter flower boxes, some radishes coming up from seed, summer squash and basil popping through the soil. Then I read that pressure treated wood should not be used for raised beds. And what borders my garden?? Pressure treated wood. Oh dear, here I go again . . .

Well, before I started ripping things out, I decided to do a little research. It turns out that pressure treated wood, while not the best choice, may not be totally horrible after all. It also turns out that plants not directly next to the wood are not likely to be contaminated and that any that are contaminated will probably croak on their own. So I’m leaving things the way they are and hoping I don’t poison anyone. I figure my veggies, even with a toxic border, are probably healthier than anything in the grocery store. Life. Always interesting!

No comments: